Raychem Screened Gapless Surge Arrester
|Rated Discharge Current||10 kA|
|High Current Impulse||100 kA|
|Short Circuit Current||20 kA|
|Long Duration Current Impulse (2ms)||212 A|
|Continuous Operating Voltage||12.0 kV|
|Rated Voltage||15.0 kV|
is a “T“-shaped product. It is designed for direct connection onto outer cone bushings in accordance to EN50180 or EN50181 with interface type “C” or for parallel connection mating to the rear entry of the base screened connector system RSTI designed for system voltage up to 41 kV.
The insulation of the screened surge arrester is made of a highly modified silicone rubber characterised by high tracking resistance, elongation at break and non-flammability.
A thin walled screen is permanently bonded onto the insulation and protects the connection system against unintentional contact.
The active part is a metal oxide arrester which meets the requirements of IEC-60099-4 for separable and dead-front arresters.
The combination of screened connector and surge arrester exceeds CENELEC HD 629.1 S2 requirements, which includes BS, VDE and other international specifications.
Easily accessible rear plug with capacitive test point. Few accessories required for system test and earth connection. Complete kit including screened surge arrester, threaded pin and ground lead for three phases facilitates installation and storage.Product Features:
RSTI-SA-10 Applications:Single connection:
- Tested in accordance with IEC60099-4 (May 2004)
- State of art - gapless design
- Excellent protection margins
- Low residual voltages
- Excellent short circuit performance
- Excellent TOV performance
- Maintenance free
- Material requested for 3 phases
- 1 x RSTI-66SAxx10
- (Screened surge arrester kit for direct
- bushing connection)
Design And Construction:
- Material requested for 3 phases:
- 1 x RSTI-L56xx or RSTI-66xx (Base connector kit)
- 1 x RSTI-CC-66SAxx10
- (Screened surge arrester kit with
- coupling connection)
- Screened body: A thin walled conductive outer screen is permanently bonded to the silicone rubber insulating material.
- Inner screen: A conductive inner layer, as a Faraday cage around the top end electrode prevents corona at rated voltage.
- Threaded lug: Pre-installed threaded lug, specially designed, facilitates the connection of the surge arrester to the base connector or bushing.
- Surge arrester core: Gapless surge arrester core assembly consisting of ZnO (Zinc Oxide) varistors and a mechanical robust structure.
- Earthing eye and ground lead: Provides a connection point for earthing the screen.
- Threaded pin: A threaded pin together with a spring washer and hex nut ensure a high performance electrical and mechanical contact with the base connector or bushing.
- Rear plug with test point: Removable rear plug with capacitive test point.
- Test point: The test point is used to determine whether the circuit is energised; alternatively it can be used for phasing.
- Conductive end cap: Electrical screen and protection of the rear end of the separable surge arrester.