|Voltage||upto 800 kV|
|Usage/Applications||Transformers, MV Panel, Switchgears, etc.|
Safety and reliability are vital in energy industry and Raychem RPG's Energy Products Division is committed to pioneering improvements in performance at all levels.
RRL's development teams work to generate a superior range of high performance products. All products are developed using Raychem’s extensive service experience, as per the international standards including IEC, IEEE, ANSI and many national standards.Raychem Polymeric Surge Arresters
for voltage power distribution systems upto 800kV are designed to reliably protect your valuable assets from over voltage. They withstand severe outdoor exposure over long operating lifetime and help maintain service reliability in both overhead and underground installations.
Raychem's polymeric surge arresters have passed the most rigorous tests (IEC 60099-4, ANSI C62.11, IEC 61643).Advantages:
All our arrester are manufactured using ZnO varistors, which display excellent thermal and current handling characteristics due to the guaranteed homogeneity of the varistor volume. This thermal behavior yields products with:
Structure of Polymeric Surge Arrester
- Excellent temporary overvoltage (TOV) performance
- Safe, non-shattering failure in the short circuit test by pre-failing to higher fault currents.
- High energy handling capability
Raychem's ZnO varistor disk has excellent electrical characterstics and thermal stability. The resulting new varistor has resulted in excellent energy handling and TOV performance
Low Voltage Surge Arresters
- Low Voltage Surge Arresters Provide protection for LV overhead lines, consumer in-house supplies, distribution tranformers and other applicances.
- Medium Voltage Surge Arresters For indoor and outdoor applications, for protection of overhead lines, DC locomotives, switchgear applications and motor protection.
- High Voltage Surge Arresters For protection of transmission systems up to 800 kV.
Raychem’s low voltage surge arresters provide protection for low-voltage overhead lines, consumer in- house supplies, distribution transformers and other systems. The gapless metal-oxide varistor incorporated in the surge arrester reliably imposes low value limits on surges caused by atmospheric over voltages and switching transients, thus protecting the insulation of the consumer-side networks and equipment.
The LV surge arresters are in compliance with Class II requirements as defined by IEC 61643-1. They are designed for applications in which protection against direct contact is not necessary.Features:
Medium Voltage Surge Arresters
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Integrated disconnector
- Housing and lead is flame retardant and UV resistant
- Easy to identify failure indicator
- Easy to install (no tools required)
- Large selection of standard accessories
- CE certified
Raychem’s Bowthorpe EMP surge arresters provide active over voltage protection that contributes directly to improved reliability of your system, reducing lost minutes and protecting expensive assets.
Bowthorpe EMP DA silicone surge arresters have been designed and tested to meet our customers demands with reliability and offering improved operational performance.Features:
Raychem’s Bowthorpe EMP:
- Tested in accordance with IEEE 62.11, 2005
- Direct molded housing to prevent moisture ingress
- Low residual voltages
- High-energy handling
- Safe non-shattering short circuit behavior to higher current levels
- Maintenance free