Features & benefits:
|Material||Tin-plated Aluminium Alloy|
|Usage/Application||For Copper And Aluminium Cable Connection|
|Cross-sectional Range||25-400 mm2|
|Palm Hole Diameter (LB)||17 mm|
|Dimensions||60 x 30 x 24 x 12.8 mm (L1 x L2 x D1 x D2)|
|Head Size (AF)||13 mm|
- Wide application range
- Compact design
- Can be used with almost every type of conductor and material
- Torque-controlled shear-head bolts guarantee a good electrical contact
- Easy installation with standard socket spanner
- Pre-engineered design for perfect fit in medium voltage cable accessories up to 36 kV
- Tested according to IEC 61238-1
Mechanical connectors, lugs and repair sleeves are designed for use in low and medium voltage applications. Only three sizes cover conductor sizes from 25 mm 2 to 400 mm 2.
All products consist of a tin-plated body, shear-head bolts and inserts for small conductor sizes.Body:
Connector and lug bodies are made of a high-tensile, tin-plated aluminium alloy. The internal surfaces of the conductor holes are grooved.
Connectors are chamfered at the edges and available with or without oil barrier (as blocked and unblocked types) depending on the application requirements.
Lugs are suitable for outdoor and indoor applications and are available with different palm hole sizes.Contact Bolts:
Made of a special aluminium alloy, these contact bolts are double shear-head bolts with hexagon heads. The bolts are treated with a highly lubricating agent and equipped with a special contact ring. Contact bolts are irremovable once their heads have been sheared off.Inserts:
Lugs and connectors are provided with inserts for smaller conductors. These inserts have lengthwise striations and a positioning guide.Features & Benefits Of Mechanical Lugs And Connectors:
Functions Of Mechanical Lugs And Connectors:
- Bodies made of a high-tensile, tin-plated aluminium alloy Bolts made of special aluminium alloy.
- Conductor connection hole with crosswise and lengthwise grooves
- Centered hole and inserts
- Shear bolts with predetermined shear torque, hexagon head and specially shaped contact ring
- Lubricated bolts
- Chamfered edges
- Available with and without oil barrier
- Long shank
- Lengthwise seal
- Only three sizes cover conductor cross sections from 25 mm 2 to 400 mm 2 and can be used for almost every type of conductor and material.
- Good contact properties. Connection between copper and aluminium conductors is possible.
- Requires little installation space, particularly for large sizes.
- Good electrical performance, Conductor oxide film is disrupted.
- Conductors of every size are centered
- Height of the step between the conductor insulation and connector surface is reduced
- Same cut-back length even when centering insert is used
- Wires are not distorted when bolts are tightened
- No torque wrench necessary
- Head shears off when a specific level of torque is applied
- High tensile strength
- Reduces friction
- Converts tightening torque into contact force for maximum effect.
- Suitable for up to 36 kV and adaptable to existing joint designs.
- Oil stop when used in transition joints
- Extra-long for moisture barrier
- For indoor and outdoor applications
- Easy and secure installation without special tools
- All it takes to tighten bolts is a wrench and hexagon socket
- Same cut-back length for each type
- Inserts are included
- Shear head bolts with pre-determined torque ensure a reliable and secure contact.
- The use of a support tool is recommended to prevent conductor bending.
- Separate installation instructions included with every connector or cable lug.